Question: The feeling is like a tingle or vibration

hawkIII - Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:42 pm

I am a 37 year old man and I have been experiencing a strange sensation in my penis and right testicle for no reason. It feels like it is either tingling or vibrating. I will find myself reaching for my cell phone because it kind of feels like it when it is on vibration. It usually occurs out of nowhere I can be sitting at home or standing at work and it just happens. I am a pack a day smoker and drink 2-6 beers a day. I have a pulled back right now and the only medicines I am taking flexeril & Advil. (This was happening before my back started hurting.) I have a doctor's appointment on November 19th. I was just curious if this is something common or something to be concerned about?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:37 pm

User avatar Hi HawkIII,

This may be due to something pushing on the nerve supplying sensation to the penis and testis. Possibilities include a hernia, muscle strain/tightness, or an enlarged lymph node. It may also simply be some simple irritation of the nerve due to a previous (even unnoticed) injury.

Seeing your doctor is a good idea to see if there is a treatment to help this resolve.

|