News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Urinating normal to large amount every two hours

oglorib - Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:14 pm

I have a normal fluid intake but urinate normal to large amounts every two hours day and night. The need to urinate is urgent and sometimes cannot be controlled. Even right after urinating, there is still a feeling like I need to urinate. There is some slight discomfort when urinating and the itching is severe. The urine is usually very pale or clear. I have no back or flank pain and 3 urine cultures have come back negative. There are no unusual discharges, bladder or vaginal other than urine leakage. I have MS and am type 2 non insulin dependent diabetic. I also have fibromyalgia. I am 53 and just starting menopause. I am sexually active.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:56 am

User avatar Hello Oglorib,

I would strongly recommend you see your doctor to have this evaluated. There are several potential causes of this including a urinary tract infection, worsening diabetes that now has high blood sugars and sugar spilling into the urine, or a condition called diabetes insipidus where the kidney is not reabsorbing water properly. The other possibility is that you may now be experiencing a side effect of your medications (or an interaction between some of your medicines).

There are less severe causes but this needs to be evaluated further since some of these conditions can be dangerous if not treated.

Best wishes.
 oglorib - Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:33 am

Thank you for your reply Dr. Lowe. I will be making an appt tomorrow.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here