News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: White Pimple like thing on Scrotum.

KILOALPHA - Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:09 pm

hi.
i am 20 years old and last month i noticed a white pimple like thing one my scrotum.It is very hard when you squeeze it.located on the upper left area of the scrotum.
it was 5MM in diameter and it was on the very outer layer of the skin, it was like it is about to pop our...
there was not pain or anything and it was not Inside of the scrotum it was on the skin.

on Friday it got itchy and red rash, i got a pin and tried to drain it thinking it was a pimple but there was not puss discharge.

On Saturday there was swelling on the skin of my scrotum only on the area with the pimple.the swelling was inside of the scrotum. I think i have infected it, then i was advised to take antibiotics.

on Sunday after a shower there was a lot of puss discharge form the pimple.

Today the swelling seems to be decreasing but still there..

My question is what was that pimple like thing, could it be anything serious,It was not a pimple but looked exactly like one and was very firm if it tried to squeeze it...I cant see it anymore maybe it is covered up by the swelling..
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:13 pm

User avatar Hi there -

The pimple-like thing you attempted to drain is a very common occurrence. They look like pustules but they're not. Honestly, I don't know what they are, because every doctor I've worked with, when encountering this, has said the same thing: "It's just normal." They don't seem to evolve at all, but they also are very slow to go away, and there may be several at any given time.

The attempt to drain it (or any pimple, boil or mass) is never a good idea. If anything seems as though it may need draining, it definitely should be seen by a doctor first. Your well-intentioned attempt at self-treatment caused an infection that wasn't there to begin with. Hopefully it will resolve with antibiotic therapy now. Keep it clean and dry, and don't try something like that again, tempting as it may be. The orignal lesion, as I say, is something very common, although I don't know anyone who even knows what to call them.

Best of luck to you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here