Question: Difficulties regarding urinating and bowel movements.

Sandworm - Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:43 pm

Please offer some advice.

I'll discuss the urinating first and the much more troubling problem: bowel movements later.

I'm a 21-year old male. For several years now urinating has become progressively more difficult for me. Nothing drastic yet, but I sometimes have trouble starting urinating, and it often feels like I can't get the entire bladder empty. I also feel the need urinate quite often these days. Much more so than few years back. I've found showering my penis with hot water helps starting the stream. Is this normal?

About ten years ago I had a circumcision because my foreskin was too tight and urinating became extremely difficult. I recall it felt about the same as the forementioned problems, althought of course much more extreme.

Starting from about the same point as these urinating problems, I've also started having difficulties with my bowel movements. My bowels regularly move about once a day, but the process itself is starting to get awkward. I'm having difficulties getting the stool out. Unless the need to go disembowel is extremely powerful, I feel I can't do it at all. It's very hard for me to "push" it out, and if I do try, the stool comes in very small pieces, as if the anus can't "stretch" enough, even though the intestine feels full and I feel there definitely is stuff there to get out. It helps a great deal if I'm urinating at the same time, so I'd often drink lots of water, and then when I'm about to urinate I'd also try to disembowel and it'd feel a lot easier usually. All these rituals are starting to severely take time each day.

About a year ago while in military service I told about these problems to a doctor there. I did not have nearly enough time to do the daily "rituals" I usually do with disemboweling, so I was suffering from constipation there. I didn't tell him about it in nearly as much detail as described here though, and he said I might be suffering from Irritable Bowel Disease. But as I've studied it more from the net, I'm not sure if he was correct - my stool is usually rather solid and I don't suffer from constipation per se. What do you think?

When I'm at home several hours a day, like I usually am, I have the time to take care of all these little things to make disemboweling every day possible, but travelling or staying at a friend's house has become troublesome. I also only work part time and at home, so that helps. It's starting to feel like it'd be impossible for me to maintain a full-time job or school, without life becoming extremely cumbersome.

Thank you for reading.
 Dr. Russell M - Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:55 pm

User avatar Hi!

I see that you have problems with defecation and micturition. Was it a specialist (gastroenterologist/urologist) that you consulted? Have you had any tests done?

bill
 Sandworm - Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:24 pm

Thanks for the reply!

The only doctor I have discussed this with was a general army doctor. Not a specialist regarding these particular areas I think. He suspected my prostate might be overgrown. They took a blood test from me to check some hormone levels etc. It returned negative so he just gave me some information about IBS. Diet and other stuff.
 Sandworm - Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:43 pm

Please reply!

Some more information would be extremely heplful..

Thanks in advance.

|