Question: Burning Pain while ejaculation

syedtariq - Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:20 am

I used to masturbate often once a day, but since 4 months, I have been doing it only once in 15-20 days (not due to any particular reason except only due to tight schedule). Since 4 months, I feel burning sensation during the ejaculation phase. It starts just before ejaculation and ends 2-3 minutes after ejaculation. I feel slight weakness after ejaculation but that just goes away after 4-5 minutes.

I am 28 years old and still unmarried and didn't have any sex as yet due to religious traditions where sex before marriage is not allowed. So i am assuming that I don't have any sexually transmitted disease. I urinate normally except one after ejaculation which is relatively burning/painful. I also don't have any particular medical history and I performed regular blood checkup around 6-7 months ago having all stuff as normal.

Can you advice me about my case?

Thanks.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:53 pm

It sounds as though you probably have a mild, non-infectious urethritis (inflammation or irritation of the urethra), perhaps due to the fact that you reduced the frequency of masturbatory sessions. The urethra may have become used to the frequent discharges, then after the "break" may have been irritated by the relatively infrequent occasions now.

It is also remotely possible this could be an infectious urethritis due to some non-sexual issue, which happens on occasion, due to failure to keep the area sufficiently clean. It's unusual, but it happens, and there's usually no memory of having been careless -- it just takes one stray bacterium to get in there.

If the burning only takes place folowing ejaculation then it's probably fine. If it starts to happen at other times (during or after urination or when nothing is going on) then you'll need to at least have a urinalysis and culture done at the doctor's, but it really sounds pretty normal. The weakness you describe following ejaculation is also fairly common, and if you only just started having that, it may be for the same reason, because of the forced waiting perioid between masterbatory interludes.

I hope this is helpful to you. Please follow up with us if necessary.
 syedtariq - Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:49 am

Thanks for your valuable insight. I am also experiencing very light fever; between 99-100 degrees Fahrenheit for the last month or two. The fever occurs on and off, for instance, it occurs for two days, then goes away for a day or two and then reappear. Can it be related to the above problem?

Thanks.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:25 pm

User avatar You're welcome!

If you're running an intermittent low-grade fever for the past two months then yes, it may well be related to the urethritis and, in fact, may be due to an infection. You may even have prostratitis, although usually this will slow down the flow as well. It's definitely something to have checked, since you shouldn't have that recurrent fever anyway.

Good luck to you and please keep us updated.

|