Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: TINY PAPER CUTS ON FORESKIN

jvstang77 - Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:09 am

Every once in a while i will get real tiny cuts on my foreskin and it makes it a pain to pull back and clean. I thought maybe it was a lack of lube during sex but even when i don't have sex it happenss and then i will have tiny red bumps on the head of my penis and a ugly smell . Usually in two to three days it goes away for a while. I did go to my familly practice doctor and he said i would probaly have to get circumsized if it continues.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:27 pm

User avatar Hello,You have what is called a balanoposthitis which causes inflamation of the outer skin as well as the head of penis.Commonest causes include monilial infections,and baterial infections.These could relate to hygiene of the area.Also sometimes use of powerful antiseptics used for clensing could result in balanitis.Persons with a tight prepuce as in uncircumsized might find difficulty in cleaning that would result in infection.Diabetics have a higher incidence of balanoposthitis and you need to get tested to rule out this.Recurrent infections may need circumcision.Most would get controlled with antibiotics and antifungal cremes.Best wishes.
 jvstang77 - Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:03 pm

Well i know i don't have Diabetics i have been checked for that and i do keep it clean
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:58 pm

User avatar Hello,Once the balanitis sets in there is difficulty in retraction and becomes difficult to clean the innersides.Also less common but one other cause is BXO ie balanitis xerotica obliterans which occur in uncircumsized males and appear as whitish plaques and lead to skin tightening.Do get examined to rule this out too.This is unlikely in your case because it is recurrent in your case.Bestwishes.
 jvstang77 - Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:07 am

is there a cream you can recommend
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:39 pm

User avatar Hi jvstang77,
I agree fully with Dr.Jagesh on that.The only point i wish to add is that some individuals tend to have congenitally slightly narrow preputial openings.
What i mean by this is that an individual may have a narrower preputial opening 'relative' to the size of the glans.
This means that...
- the individual has no disease, but a congenital problem,
- the individual finds it difficult to retract the prepuce and
- may at times be able to retract the foreskin in the flaccid state but not in the erect state.
This can also lead to the tiny cuts on your foreskin.
Good luck!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:43 pm

User avatar Hello,A case of moniliasis would respond to canesten creme.But do get your self examined again with the possiblities in mind.Ok?
 JohnJacob - Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Dr.M.Aroon kamath wrote:Hi jvstang77,
This means that...
Good luck!

Hello Dr. M. Aroon Kamath

What you described is exactly what I have. I've attempted to go several days without sexual intercourse or masturbation, and the cuts heal but reappear when I engage in sex or masturbation. I usually dab some A&D ointment on the cuts before bed, and they are healed by the morning, but the healed skin looks to be paper thin, and the cuts re open again after engagement. This cycle has been reoccurring for the past month. What do you suggest I do, and is Circumcision my only option?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:50 pm

User avatar Hi JohnJacob,
Thank you for your post. I am truly sorry for not responding earlier (i somehow missed reading your post).You may try (under medical supervision) topical steroid cremes- if there is no underlying infection.They have been reported to be successful in the treatment of phimosis.

If that(minimal phimosis) is really the underlying problem, and if it does not respond to a trial of the conservative measures over a reasonable period, i see no alternative other than a circumcision.That will solve this problem hopefully, permanently.
Good luck!

|