Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: smell around penis even when washed?

jeffissore - Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:23 pm

rite ok, i shower at least once a day and especially clean around my genitals ect but recently ive noticed this smell coming from my penis even though i wash completely :?: ...i went o the doctors and done a urine sample to see what it was but it came back negative.....why is the smell there and how do i get rid of it?...i feel like i have no confidance around my girlfriend and the smell is like fish...can you help me asap please :cry:
 jeffissore - Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:37 am

is noone gonan help me? :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry:
 jeffissore - Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:32 pm

i come on to this website and ask for some help and i don't even get a reply. im seriously depressed about this matter and its not helping that i cant even get a reply to my problem and other people who post after me can :cry: :cry: :cry: so far 27 people have looked at my topic but no replies at all...can sumone help me with my problem before it gets worse
 Kathy C, RN - Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:58 pm

Hi Jeff, I am sorry that you are having trouble. You did not mention if you are circumcised or not? Can you also tell me if you have any open areas or rash in your genital\thigh\rectal\scrotum area? Is the smell there all the time? Does your urine have the same smell? I am sorry for all the questions but its hard to give an opinion with what you have described. Did your physician examine you in your genitals?
 jeffissore - Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:53 am

sorry, im not circumsized,the smell is really strong and is there even after i take a shower,, there is no rash or redness,no discharge, yes my urine smells of this..

im really worried of what this is as the doctor said there was no uti even though there are the symptoms of it.....could it be down to something i am eating or lacking eg vitamins?

thanks
 Kathy C, RN - Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:17 pm

Hi Jeff, Can you please clarify when the smell is there? Is it just when you urinate? Or all the time? Is it after sex?
Certain foods can make your urine smell strong like asparagus and such. If the smell is there just when you urinate try drinking more water daily and see what happens. Symptoms of a UTI are burning, urgency and frequency.
Do you retract your foreskin when you clean your penis. This is important because you can get an infection under the skin. When you retract is the skin red or irritated in any way or is there any whitish material.
 goodguy123 - Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:51 pm

im having his same problem but there is no whitish material and i do pull it back and clean...is there anything besides soap and water that would help make the smell go away..it is kinda fishy...and it smells really bad
 ben_13_kod - Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:33 pm

i had this problem too but only after sex im not circumcised too if i don't washed after a while when i go to pee and pull my foreskin back i get this fishy smell... but after a shower this smell is gone... i use body moisturizer and everything smell nice no smell... you should try it too and hope it works good luck..
 nosceteipsum05 - Sat May 30, 2009 10:11 pm

First thing that comes to mind is a Yeast infection. you may have a bladder infection. Drink plenty of water and cranberry Juice
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:30 pm

Please let me know as to when exactly this problem started, which season,what are your usual foods and what kind of dress you usually wear.Have you been eating anything new of late?
 desipra - Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:28 am

I am finding a similar problem. I am uncircumcised (sic) and I only get an odor after I urinate. Starting the last few months, I have started to notice residual urine much after I am done urinating, and that's where the smell seems to be coming from. Obviously, the answer would be to make sure I shake properly after urinating, which I do, but that doesn't always work. Any ideas?
 GrahsAlterEgo - Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:35 am

Yo, sup

That smell is most likely caused by a yeast infection, this may also mean your kidney is on the fritz or it just means your GF gave it to you, or you eat WAY TOO much sugar. It can be passed around via sexual intercourse (I believe) I may be wrong on that.

Anyway there is a solution. All you have to do is go to your local pharmacist and ask for anti fungal cream, and that should remove the smell. It’s pretty common so don’t worry.

|