News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: peeing problems

ouch66 - Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:25 pm

last year i had about 10 bladder infections i don't get symptoms though but now i have trouble peeing for the past few months i have no pressure and it takes me like 5 minutes of sitting on the toilet to pee... and i pee like 15 times a day.... but i went to the doctor i havent gotten an infection in months now.... did the bladder infections screw up my bladder?
 Kathy C, RN - Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:00 pm

Dear Ouch,
From your post I am assuming you went to your physician and did not have an infection? If that is the case you may not be emptying your bladder each time you void. Taking 5 minutes to start to urinate is not usual. Make sure your physician knows this trouble you are having. About your frequent UTI's prevention is your best bet. Make sure you drink lots of water and avoid caffiene and carbonated drinks. When wiping wipe from front to back. Urinate before and after sex and use cotton underwear. Sometimes even perfumed soaps can be irritating.
Follow up with your physicain about your complaints and I wish you luck.
 Ice_Queen14 - Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:19 pm

Well, I've had trouble for the past two days peeing; When I was at school today I couldn't go even after 15 minutes of trying. Sometimes I can go when I'm about to go on myself, but sometimes I can't. Also, the place below my stomach hurts occasionally. Did it start out this way? I need to know what it is... :(
 alabukun - Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:55 am

I always have this tingling feeling of wanting to always urinate. What could be the cause. I don't have any pain while urinating though.
 mail_man - Sun May 10, 2009 11:41 am

Hi
I seem to have the problem of after peeing I go to sit down and then i seem to pee my pants as i am doing this is this normal ?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:30 am

User avatar Hi ouch66,
My suggestions hereunder are directed towards yourself and other guests of this forum who have responded to your post.
One must take UTI's seriously.Each time one gets a UTI, potential for the loss of nephrons (the functioning units of the kidneys) exists.
Any suspicion warrents a prompt urine culture (before antibiotics are administered) and antibiotic therapy begun as per medical advice.
Recurrent UTI's need further work up - to exclude resistent strains of microbes and anatomical abnormalities in the urinary tract. Getting the sexual partner also checked up and treated often helps.
Cheers!
 mortiboy - Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:36 am

Since I was in my early twenties,I have had problem urinating.It seems to me more "in the mind" than physical.
If I ever use public toilets, I always use a cubicle.If anyone is present, I cant do it.No way.
Also, I need to pass water at least 3 times at night. Even then, I have to wait about a minute.But after, I pee as normal.
I put the present problem down to drinking about 3rd bottle of whisky in an evening.
It seems I pee more than I drink.
Last two days, I have not drunk any at all.Yet I still have same peeing problems.
I have no ill effects with my health.
 dionna - Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:03 pm

my 3 year old granddaughter has been sick for atleast 2 months.she has seen alot of doctors. pee test-eeg test have been done.and x-ray was done this morning. she has taken lots of antibiotics.fever,pain when she tries to pee,vomiting ,the shakes etc.. the xray showed that she has a sagging bladder, which they say looked full. and they could also see something that told them she has problems with constipation. she was given a stool softner med. last week. the poor kid is miserable. her next doctor app. is a week and a half away. should she be seen immediately? this all started from a urinary tract infection. and the problem is not getting better. worried grandma

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here