News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Need to frequently go to the bathroom

rayncarnation - Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:37 pm

I have had a problem for a while. I need to frequently urineate in a day. It makes me think twice before I go anywhere and do anything.

It started one day during one of my exams. I ha to leave the exam and go to the bathroom.

Now my state of mind is always haveing to go before I enter any new place or situation or event such as a movie or show.

Over time, it has build some fear in me. I get nervous whenever I have to go into a meeting or situation as of the such.

I think this has developed into an aniexity for me.

Does anyone know if there is a medicine that can help control the need to go. I think if I had something like it, it would help me feel a bit more relaxed. I feel my life is very limited by this.

thanks,

Ray
 Cass11 - Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:16 am

Hi Ray,
Wow, I have the same problem! I have to urinate up to12 or more times a day...it makes it really hard at school and going on car trips, like you said. I am always paranoid as to whether the place I am going to next has a bathroom and where it is and how I can make it not so obvious that i've gone sooo many times. It is really embarrassing! I have tried to get in to see my doctor, but no luck yet. What about you? My grandmother has overactive bladder, but she is on Detrol and it isn't working for her, so I've thought twice about going on that. Sorry i don't have the answer to your problem, but its nice to know I'm not the only one in the world who is suffering! :shock: :D thanks!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here