Medical Specialty >> Cardiology

Question: Strange pain in right arm, and other sensations.

Josh2005 - Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:45 pm

I have for the last day or two now had in my right arm under my arm a feeling like an ache when i move it... The ache seems to be running along the artery in my arm, I know it is an artery as when I applied pressure to it the pulse stopped in my right hand :S So I am not syre whether it is narrowed or a blood clot is in there or something :S somehing nastry is going on. The pain is there when I move my arm. It is a very subtle pain nothing major just enough to know it is there. I have had a thyroid check that is not under active or overactive, and I have had various other tests done. I am worried it is a problem with my artery in myright arm :s or something. Also been getting under my collar bone or just under there like nasty pains and like a stich feeling in my left side, about half way down. Also currently got a slow pulse about 66 - 72bpm and also been getting pains around my left shoulder near my back too prob where the artery goes through not sure! I am really concerned over the feeling it iss possible it is muscular but I also worry that me applying pressure to the artery has caused it to become worse perhaps causing bleeding and a clot or something :S it feels farily flexable, also my pulse in my left hand is fairly strong still, I had to push down quite a bit for it to stop so there an't be too much of a narrowing? can there. Have I caused damage to myself? Also I am going to book in for a 24 hour monitoring of my heart rate ECG or EKG tomorrow If I can.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:22 am

User avatar Dear Josh,

If at any time you think you have a blood clot or ischemia in any of your limbs, please, report immediately to the emergency department.

i don't think that it is that easy to cause harm to oneself just by applying pressure to your own artery. Very long shot.

i think you have neck or back problems that are giving you these symptoms, i recommend that you have a neck x-ray to rule this out.

A pulse of 66-72 is actually perfect. The pulse range is from 60-90, it is called slow if below 60 and fast if above 100.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.