Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Does anyone else feel sick when they wake up?

ssublime1 - Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:41 pm

For about the past year I've felt like I need to throw up when I wake up in the morning. I also usually have diarrhea once when I get up. The nausea usually lasts for 2 or 3 hours after I get up which is usually 10-11 am.
I'm thinking maybe my work schedule has something to do with it. I work from 3pm to midnight. When I come home I usually have dinner and go to bed around 1 or 2. Possibly eating that late is making me feel bad in the morning? Also can diabetes do this? I had my blood sugar tested once but it was supposedly normal.
I was thinking maybe allergies too. I always wake up with at least one side of my nose completely blocked and have post nasal drip and my vision usually screwed up. There is usually a feeling of pressure in my ears and sinuses but the doctors usually say the ears look fine. I also have dizziness sometimes when I walk around. I know there's mold in my apartment which I've had cleaned but it comes back in a short amount of time.
This is getting really really old and I'm wondering what direction I should go in order to figure this out. Thanks!
 Grahame - Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:16 pm

I thought this was normal until I was in my twenties and these symptoms eventually disappeared. It's been great for twenty years. And now the Oh so familiar feeling is back.

I guess nobody knows the answer yet. I've been diagnosed with every virus known to man and yet I am more productive than the average person and look healthier and younger than most at my age. I used to have blackouts when I was young but was constantly told I imagined them.

One doctor said my heart rate was slow but everything else was normal. As a child I was sprayed many times with endrin, dieldrin, parathion, and the like, marking for spray planes, but my sick feeling was around before that.

I don't take any medications. My father died after years of mystery conditions. My brother has them. We have supported the mediacal profession handsomely getting medical tests. I have also tried many therapies. Scheussler cell salts seem to work the best.

So ssublime1, I hope someone has come up with an answer for you. They haven't for me.
 Grahame - Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:28 pm

I should have mentioned lots of diabetes in both sides of my family. I am allergic to seafood and mushrooms. They were looking for cancer in my spine and wanted to do exploratory operations for a suspected tumour in my lower abdomen in my early twenties. At 24 I had an operation for a sliding inguinal hernia.
 Jahman - Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:18 am

wow sublime,

its funny how similar your problem is to mine, although I also have terrible stomach pain added to that, I don't know why but my whole life it seems that from morning hours until 10-11 I'm extremely tired therefore increasing my constant nausea and abdominal pain.

I think simply that our biological clock isn't really ready to change its cycle, for us waking up at 6:30 is like waking up at 3 am, I don't know about you but it seems like I never sleep enough when I wake up this early, even when I go to sleep sooner than usual ( 7,8 or 9 ! )

if you find anything for that, I would be most greatful if you'd email me with some conclusions, I'll do the same.

samy_zamor@hotmail.com
thankk and good luck !

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us