Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Does anyone else feel sick when they wake up?

ssublime1 - Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:41 pm

For about the past year I've felt like I need to throw up when I wake up in the morning. I also usually have diarrhea once when I get up. The nausea usually lasts for 2 or 3 hours after I get up which is usually 10-11 am.
I'm thinking maybe my work schedule has something to do with it. I work from 3pm to midnight. When I come home I usually have dinner and go to bed around 1 or 2. Possibly eating that late is making me feel bad in the morning? Also can diabetes do this? I had my blood sugar tested once but it was supposedly normal.
I was thinking maybe allergies too. I always wake up with at least one side of my nose completely blocked and have post nasal drip and my vision usually screwed up. There is usually a feeling of pressure in my ears and sinuses but the doctors usually say the ears look fine. I also have dizziness sometimes when I walk around. I know there's mold in my apartment which I've had cleaned but it comes back in a short amount of time.
This is getting really really old and I'm wondering what direction I should go in order to figure this out. Thanks!
 Grahame - Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:16 pm

I thought this was normal until I was in my twenties and these symptoms eventually disappeared. It's been great for twenty years. And now the Oh so familiar feeling is back.

I guess nobody knows the answer yet. I've been diagnosed with every virus known to man and yet I am more productive than the average person and look healthier and younger than most at my age. I used to have blackouts when I was young but was constantly told I imagined them.

One doctor said my heart rate was slow but everything else was normal. As a child I was sprayed many times with endrin, dieldrin, parathion, and the like, marking for spray planes, but my sick feeling was around before that.

I don't take any medications. My father died after years of mystery conditions. My brother has them. We have supported the mediacal profession handsomely getting medical tests. I have also tried many therapies. Scheussler cell salts seem to work the best.

So ssublime1, I hope someone has come up with an answer for you. They haven't for me.
 Grahame - Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:28 pm

I should have mentioned lots of diabetes in both sides of my family. I am allergic to seafood and mushrooms. They were looking for cancer in my spine and wanted to do exploratory operations for a suspected tumour in my lower abdomen in my early twenties. At 24 I had an operation for a sliding inguinal hernia.
 Jahman - Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:18 am

wow sublime,

its funny how similar your problem is to mine, although I also have terrible stomach pain added to that, I don't know why but my whole life it seems that from morning hours until 10-11 I'm extremely tired therefore increasing my constant nausea and abdominal pain.

I think simply that our biological clock isn't really ready to change its cycle, for us waking up at 6:30 is like waking up at 3 am, I don't know about you but it seems like I never sleep enough when I wake up this early, even when I go to sleep sooner than usual ( 7,8 or 9 ! )

if you find anything for that, I would be most greatful if you'd email me with some conclusions, I'll do the same.

samy_zamor@hotmail.com
thankk and good luck !