Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Sharp intermittent pain about 3 inches left of belly button

friedalou - Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:40 pm

Hi- Thanks for any help you can provide.

Today I started having a shap shooting pain at one specific little spot about 3 inches to the left of my bellybutton.

It hurts more when I use that muscle --when I rolled over tonight in bed while reading, earlier today it hurt when I used my abdominal muscles while urinating. Right now it's kind of a constant sore feeling and I'm just sitting here typing. It feels like if I tried a situp I'd just die.

But it doesn't feel like muscle pain. It feels more like when I use my abdominal muscles it pinches on something. It's a sharp piercing pain in one little spot, not like a muscle strain.

FYI: I had my second baby 6 mo ago, quit nursing 1 mo ago, had a cyst out on my liver years ago (other side), appendix out, just took a preg. test just in case and it's negative.

Any ideas?? Anyone??

Thanks,
FRIEDALOU
 toff - Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:34 am

Hi my name is alison, I am not a doctor or a nurse just a 15 yera old girl but I have had a cyst out in the same place. I have been told that cysts come back in any place and since you have recently had a baby it may of burst it? I would get it checked out, i left mine for a while and it got infected and made it worse.
Alison

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us