Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Sharp intermittent pain about 3 inches left of belly button

friedalou - Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:40 pm

Hi- Thanks for any help you can provide.

Today I started having a shap shooting pain at one specific little spot about 3 inches to the left of my bellybutton.

It hurts more when I use that muscle --when I rolled over tonight in bed while reading, earlier today it hurt when I used my abdominal muscles while urinating. Right now it's kind of a constant sore feeling and I'm just sitting here typing. It feels like if I tried a situp I'd just die.

But it doesn't feel like muscle pain. It feels more like when I use my abdominal muscles it pinches on something. It's a sharp piercing pain in one little spot, not like a muscle strain.

FYI: I had my second baby 6 mo ago, quit nursing 1 mo ago, had a cyst out on my liver years ago (other side), appendix out, just took a preg. test just in case and it's negative.

Any ideas?? Anyone??

Thanks,
FRIEDALOU
 toff - Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:34 am

Hi my name is alison, I am not a doctor or a nurse just a 15 yera old girl but I have had a cyst out in the same place. I have been told that cysts come back in any place and since you have recently had a baby it may of burst it? I would get it checked out, i left mine for a while and it got infected and made it worse.
Alison