Question: vaginal bleeding after lifting heavy objects

peony - Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:52 pm

I had a trauma induced miscarriage 9 months ago and since then whenever I lift anything too heavy or even strain during a bowel movement I have a sudden gush of bright red blood. It lasts a few hours and is usually accompanied by a sharp stabbing pain in the middle of my lower abdomen. My husband is worried about a hemmorage that won't stop. I bled excessively during the miscarriage and was too weak too walk for over a week. Could a blood vessel or artery have been damaged in the original event? ( I had a bad fall and landed on my belly ) I also have MS but this is not a symptom I've ever heard of. Thank You.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:31 pm

I would not expect lingering results from a procedure nine months ago, but I would recommend that you get this checked out to see what is causing the bleeding. It seems like a long time to experience this type of symptom. I don't know what it might be but could be related to something like fibroid tumors. You should find out and long-term excessive blood loss can lead to anemia so you should have your iron levels checked also.