Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: ears ringing after orgasm

aprils - Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:57 am

Each time after I have an orgasm my ears ring. Not during sex itself, but after. This happens each time. I otherwise don't have any issues with my ears ringing. Why do my ears ring?
Thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:03 pm

User avatar Hello,
The only thing I can think of is perhaps your blood pressure becomes elevated at that time. This can sometimes have that effect. Blood flow would be the likely association I would think. If it resolves on its own later it is probably nothing to worry about.

Best wishes.
 john1john - Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:34 pm

Hopefully I've posted this message in the proper place..............

I've heard of people who hear a buzzing noise in their ears.

I've heard of people who hear a ringing noise in their ears.

When all is quiet, I hear the sounds of thousands of crickets in my ears.

I experience these sounds when I awake at night when there is complete silence. I don't notice the sounds in the daytime as much as I do in the nighttime.

The sounds do not cause me any discomfort; I guess I'm just curious and want an explanation for the sounds and why not a buzz or a ringing noise.

Thanks.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us