Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: NERVE DAMAGE--DEAD FOOT

kbaybee - Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:31 am

My little brother got shot 3 days ago. :cry: The bullet went in and out both legs and the doctors at the hospital told him he had nerve damage and his left foot was dead. After spending less than 24 hours he was released. He can't move or feel his foot from the ankle down, but I think he moved his toes?
I live out of state and cannot be there to ask any questions. They gave no info on any therapy or surgery. So I was wondering if any one had any info that would be useful, I would very much appreciate it. All they told him was to try to walk on it as much as he could.
Is there any medication, therapy, surgery, anything that will reverse the damage or help his foot recove rso he will be able to walk and have function in his foot again???

THANK U 4 YOUR RESPONSES!!!!!!!

Dr. Russell M - Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:40 am

User avatar Hi!

I am sorry to hear regarding your brother. It is true that nerves are hard to regenerate after injury. It would depend on the type of injury and the nerve involved. It would be best to allow a surgeon or an orthopedician to look into your brother's problem.

Warm regards,

Bill